Chapter 4 – Basic Cooking Concepts
Chapter 4, Basic Cooking Concepts – How to cook veggies, grains, and beans of the No-Recipe Guide to Plant-Based Eating is ready. Pick it up here.
The key to successful cooking, of course, is timing!
In this age of smart phone, tablet, and computer distractions, using timers to call your attention to what you should be doing will save you from over-cooking your meal or burning it.
You will also find out more about boiling and become an expert in, yes, boiling water! It couldn’t be easier!
- Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of The No-Recipe Guide to Plant-Based Eating
- List of Cooking Techniques, Wikipedia.org
- The Great American Spice Company
- Spices, Inc
- Savory Spice
- 101 Simple Salads for the Season, by Mark Bittman for the New York Times
- The Crunchy Rice at the Bottom of the Pot, How Different Cultures Cook and Eat It, BonAppetit.com
- Perfect Brown Rice, Saveur.com
- Cooking Whole Grains, WholeGrainsCouncil.org
- Epicurious’s Myth-Busting Guide to Cooking Beans, Epicurious.com
- How to Cook Beans – a guide by Melissa Clark, NYTimes.com
- How to Cook Beans on the Stove by Emma Christensen, theKitchen.com